Key results from the most recent Censuses are available in this section of our website.
- 2021 Census: first results
- 2021 Census: demography & migration
- 2021 Census: UK armed forces veterans
- 2021 Census: ethnic group
- 2021 Census: religion
- 2021 Census: main language
- 2021 Census: education
- 2021 Census: sexual orientation and gender identity
Data can also be found on the Office for National Statistics Census website.
2021 Census release schedule
The first release data from the Census only covers headline population figures. More data will be released in phases over the next 18 months and will include detailed data at small area level about people, households and living arrangements, work and housing/amenities.
|Topic summaries and area profiles||2 November 2022 to January 2023|
|Mid year population estimates for 2021|
(using Census data)
|Start of the Census 2021 analysis programme; multivariate data for the usual resident population base; short-term resident population data||From early 2023|
|Alternative population bases; small populations; detailed migration data; origin-destination data or ‘flow’ data||From spring 2023|
|UK census data|
(including results for Scotland and Northern Ireland)
|From summer 2023|
Topic summaries will mainly contain univariate data (meaning they will focus on a single characteristic). Full multivariate analysis is unlikely to be possible until late Spring 2023 at the earliest.
Proposed topic summaries in publication order are:
- demography and migration
- UK armed forces veterans
- ethnic group, national identity, language, and religion
- labour market and travel to work
- sexual orientation and gender identity
- health, disability, and unpaid care
The full data release schedule for the 2021 Census is available on the Office for National Statistics website.
North Wales Regional Innovation Coordination Hub
Phone: 01824 712432