Lead Organisation: Gwynedd Council
Engagement with young people aged 11 to 25 to understand and evaluate the contribution that Youth Services in Gwynedd are making to the emotional and mental wellbeing of young people 11 to 25 years old. The engagement work was undertaken by the Mental Health Foundation and Cwmni CELyn.
The young people said:
- There is a lack of awareness and understanding of young people’s mental health in general
- There was a lack of understanding of the Youth Service provision
- There was value in the Youth Service for those who had been involved
- There wasn’t enough support for mental and emotional wellbeing in general
- The Youth Service needed to be promoted better
The professionals said:
- There is a negative perception of mental health and building resilience with young people (as opposed to mental health being a positive thing)
- The Youth Service and youth worker roles are unclear
- There is a lack of joined up working with partners
- How do we evaluate the work we are doing?