The Taster to Care Programme is a Social Care Project which addresses the need for a sustainable, well qualified and professional staff in the Care Sector.
Participants are identified who are interested and passionate about starting their career in the Social Care Sector. They are provided with information about career opportunities, details of the mandatory training and what is expected of them when entering the workplace.
Once the mandatory programme has been completed and the participants are “job ready”, placements are found (subject to a successful informal interview) are found for a minimum of 8 hours per week for 4 weeks to provide practical and hands-on experience.
Who is eligible for the programme?
- Those that are unemployed and claiming benefits.
- Not in Education or Training.
- Coming towards the end of a Health and Social Care course.
- Anyone looking for an opportunity to gain qualifications and employment in the Social Care Sector.
- Interested in learning about different opportunities and gaining valuable work experience.
- Attend 2 virtual sessions which provides information about Social Care, details of the programme and how to search and apply for vacancies
- Complete relevant documentation to include DBS and health declaration form
- References are sought
- Complete mandatory e learning modules via a portal
- Attend a 4-week placement of 8 hours per week in either a health or social care setting
Tasks which can be undertaken during the placement:
- Ensure residents physical and emotional well-being is being met
- Support with activities such as gardening, reading, watching films and reminiscence
- Support residents by maintaining a clean and comfortable home environment
- Assist residents by serving meals and supporting with nutrition and hydration intake where required.
- Help with cleaning and laundry duties as per the home setting needs.
Support will be available from an Employment Mentor whilst on placement to ensure any questions or issues are resolved.
After the placement:
Participants will be able to use their skills, knowledge and qualifications to apply for a number of different jobs in Social Care.
How to apply:
Providing name and contact details
To find out more please contact
01824 712437 Szekely.email@example.com