If you have a good idea, a challenge that needs solving or new ways of working you want to share there is a lot of support available to held do that. Navigating the different support available can be more of a challenge. We put some suggested pathways you could follow below to help explore your ideas and find sources of support.
An idea for innovation or improvement
To explore the idea you could:
- Contact our specialist librarian to find out if something similar has been done before, Rebecca.Roylance@denbighshire.gov.uk
- Link up with people who’ve done something similar to find out more. The research hub can help link you up with people or even put on an event to bring people together interested in exploring an idea.
- Visit the Coproduction Network for ideas about how to coproduce services and develop innovation between people who use and provide services.
- Take a look at the Life Sciences Hub ‘Achieving Innovation’ resource, which includes key insights, new research and a directory of organisations supporting innovation in health and social care.
- Suggest a topic for Health Technology Wales to appraise. They appraise a wide range of technologies and models of care and support. For health, this could include medical devices, diagnostics, procedures, and psychological therapies. For social care, this could include equipment and environmental design, or different models for supporting families, children, adults and the workforce.
- Use improvement models, processes and techniques. More information is available from Improvement Cymru Academy
- Apply to become a Bevan Exemplar. These are innovative health and care projects provided with training, network and skills to help make transformational change. For more information, visit the Bevan Commission website.
- Try it out and carry out a research/ evaluation project to see if it works. This could be a project you carry out yourself. See the Using evidence resources guide. Support for practitioners to develop research skills is available from Exchange Wales and the Community of Scholars. Funding may also be available, contact us for details.
A challenge or problem to solve
To explore the idea you could:
- Contact our specialist librarian to find out what’s currently available or evidence to help with a funding application or business case Rebecca.Roylance@denbighshire.gov.uk
- Use innovation techniques such as Living Labs or design thinking and find out whether industry has or can help to develop a solution. We’ve summarised some of the different support available on a blog post.
- Join a community of practice.
- Highlight it as a priority for research. Contact us for details.
New ways of working to adopt and spread
To share the idea you could:
- Let us know at the Regional Innovation Coordination Hub. We can help you write it up into a blog post for our database of good ideas or even develop it into a podcast or video. Read more about how we collect and spread innovative ideas.
- Share with other collections of good practice such as the Academy of Fab Stuff.
If you would like support with navigating these pathways please contact email@example.com to find out how the North Wales Regional Innovation Coordination Hub can help.
If you know of any other resources that we can add, please let us know.